13262538

I am in a legal dispute with a close member of my family

Hello, I am in a legal dispute with a close member of my family who has limited literacy and can neither read or write English. The solicitor involved would not confirm whether he has employed an interpreter or whether all correspondents are being fully understood by this person. In fact I am sure that the case is being driven by a helper with ulterior motives.
Does the solicitor have an obligation to tell me whether in fact he has obtained the services of a genuine interpreter? if not, can I request that he tells me who is the acting translator?
Thanks in advance.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that the Solicitor has no obligation to give you this information - nor does he have to tell you who deals with the Translation.All you can do is write and express your concernsI am sorry not to give you better news - please ask if you need further detailsClare