75100385

My mother 85yrs old has purchased 2 fischer heaters in the

my mother 85yrs old has purchased 2 fischer heaters in the last 2 wks. she is having trouble keeping her flat temp regulated as these heaters are controlled by thermostats which the company programmed and just keep saying to her that she will get used to then and needs to have them working for 12 months to prove how good they are. she is getting more upset and stressed by the day. can she do anything about this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did she purchase in store, at home please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, she read fliers and leaflets about the product, rang the company and a salesman called at her flat
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
OK. Did they give her a cooling off period/form?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry to keep you waiting, I am trying to get answers from her over the phone but she is confused and distressed at the moment
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, on the order form that the salesman completed it does say 14 days to cancel the order although my mother has difficulty reading it and says it wasn't explained to her
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did she try and cancel more than 14 days after?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has not tried to cancel because they keep telling her to give it time to get used to them and she believes them. the story is complicated...she was interested in them because they are compatible with Economy7 which she is on, when the fitter arrived he told her she was no longer on E7 which upset her. the manager that visited last Monday assured her she was still on E7 and give it time. apparently she has now had a call from someone else at the company who is going to visit her next Thursday to do something to the meter. unfortunately, she does not think to ask any questions, just panics and gets upset
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
How long has it been since they were installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, they were installed on 24/11/2015 so it will be 2wks next Tuesday, 08/12/2015
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then you can cancel NOW. You have 14 days cooling off period under the Cooling Off Regulations. Therefore you can cancel within 14 days WITHOUT penalty and seek a full refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Alex. I was under the impression that it was 14 days from the date of the placement of the order. if I am mistaken and we can cancel before the 08/12/2015, obviously we are running out of time. they will not be open for business tomorrow, Sunday. what will be the best way to ensure that they accept our cancellation?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. From delivery if it is a goods. I would email, call to make sure they have it.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much Alex. hopefully it will get sorted now with your advice.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck!
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/