75100385

We own a holiday lodge, purchased in 2012, it is on a 20 year

Customer Question

We own a holiday lodge, purchased in 2012, it is on a 20 year licence, for which we pay an annual ground rent of £4000 + rates.
The park we are located on had a policy of allowing rentals, either self generating, or via his office for a 20% commission.
In April this year, he sold out to another operator, who demanded that all rentals through them, would be at 30% commission. At this point we removed it from their hands and decided to handle rentals ourselves. The "management" have now informed us that ALL rentals must go through them, and they will charge us 30% of the gross rental. The question is, without a xontract in place with the new owners, or indeed without any negotiation, is this legal?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you have anything in writing such as an agreement for this 20%?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
>>also, we have forward bookings over Christmas and the New Year, plus others through until July...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry... ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My number 01244 314178
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok.