12826847

Barclays have closed my account with £15,250 and I want it back.

Customer Question

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want my money back
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
So what is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The payee is tired going to the bank and frustrated, now is my problem since she has paid me. And not welling to be involved again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get the funds from Barclays
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am really sorry but that isn't a realistic expectation.
They are entitled to investigate and under a duty to do so. I imagine they have received some form of allegation of either fraud or money laundering and they have to investigate that by law.
If it carries on beyond the investigation period then you could always seek an injunction or sue for the actual value of the funds. Probably, given the sum in question, there wouldn't be much difference in price in either action.
You can always complain to the Banking Ombudsman if they don't act swiftly or they act inadequately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have investigated the issue at stake, sent me my final statement and a letter telling me make alternative arrangement for my money. I got to the bank and the advisor told me my money has been removed by Barclays.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That would suggest an adverse finding then.
They should have explained that in the letter?
You can always sue but they will probably defend on the basis of whatever reason they have offered for this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is your best advice, because they must be satisfied before I was sent the letter for money
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends on the issues in the case.
I haven't heard their justification for this.
If their account is a good one then suing would just involve throwing more money at a legal action.
If it is not then it is probably a good idea as you could recover.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.