12826847

How can i fight the COP I have no funds, and am unable

Customer Question

Hi, How can i fight the COP I have no funds, and am unable to find any legal help from anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstCould you explain a little more about your problem please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brother is in a care home in Portugal. He is Portuguese. The court in UK has frozen his bank account, and will not release funds to pay for his care.I need to find representation. I have limited funds, 70 years old on state pension. Teresa Kirk. Thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Why have they frozen his account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The COP are insisting that my brother resides in the UK, the Devon CC. are the plaintiffs. Case No.12558423 Manuel Gabriel Martins
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How long has he been in Portugal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May this year, approx. 7 months. The past 4 months, Sol e Mare Care Home.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When were Social Services first involved?Who decided he should live in Portugal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was made POA in December 2013 this was suspended some time in late 2014. I was then and still am acting in my brothers best interests.The court seems to only listen to the DCC. His property is worth approx.£ 300,000. The DCC are only interested in Manuel because of this.The last court hearing 18 Sep. 2015. The Judge told the DCC when they get Mr. Martins back in UK the court will reconvene within 7 days of his return. DCC contacted Slo e Mar Care Home saying they would collect Manuel at the end or November. They did not nor have they made any contact. Can you suggest where i might get representation as i want to go back to court to speak to the Judge, representation just for one appearance might help me put an end to this nightmare. Thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When did Social Services first become involved and why did you move your brother 7 months ago?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The situation is too complex to explain . I will continue to try and get help elsewhere . Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is fine - but do return if you wish to