75100385

On Nov. 14th I was walking along a footpath and bent down to

Customer Question

On Nov. 14th I was walking along a footpath and bent down to tie a loose lace and suddenly was hit with force from behind (a postman pushing his pram/trolley had crashed it into my lower back/sacrum). Long story short I am now seeing an osteopath for treatment to what is a bruised tail bone (very painful). I wrote to Royal Mail and sent my letter by 'recorded mail' on Nov.27th to say what had happened and to ask a few questions such as 'Do the trolleys/prams have breaks'? and to say I was still in pain and may require specialist treatment. I said I would update them as to the incident but that meanwhile I would like my questions answered. The Osteopath said bone bruising is painful and takes longer but is quicker to heal by having my pelvis aligned so I am going to see him again on Thursday. I would like Royal Mail to pay his fees: £50 concessionary rate and I intend to write to them again to request this but would like to copy it to an Ombudsman? as I have not received an answer to my first letter
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Why do you want to refer it to the Ombudman?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if there's an Ombudsman for this kind of thing and when I write my next letter to Royal Mail I want to copy it to another official investigator as I have not received a response to my first letter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have more to add I just want to know who to address the copy of my next letter to as I didn't get a response to the first I wrote to Royal Mail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know what official investigator to address my letter to. I do not want a chat or any further contact if you can't answer my question please tell me. It's quite simple: Is there another investigator I can write to yes or no?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No there is not.
You can speak with a personal injury Solicitor locally and bring a claim against Royal Mail. But this type of event is not covered by an Ombudsman.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
ok, good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/