12826847

This is a question about company law. I am a director

Customer Question

Hello. This is a question about company law. I am a director of the Right to Manage Company of a small development of around 96 appartments. It functions as a dormant limited company.The company was set up by a property management business just over three years ago and it now has around 10 leaseholder directors and two directors of the management company. The management company has provided very poor service and a number of the directors wish to cancel the management agreement. However, a couple of the directors, includin g the chairman, don't wish to do this.
My question is this: is it possible for a majority of the directors to call a board meeting and vote to put the current management company on notice ? If we do this, how do we ensure the legal validity of our decision?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Does the company use Model Articles of Association?
Would a majority of the members support the decision?
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the company uses conventional Articles of Association.There are 12 current directors. (Any leaseholder is allowed to be a director by right.) This includes two members of the management company who are not entitled to vote on issues where there may be a conflict of interest. Of the remainder, at least seven are in favour of ending the agreement.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. Can you confirm are the Articles "Table A Articles of Association" or "Model Articles of Association"? Do you have them to hand - can you tell me exactly what the title says? This is very important so I can ascertain exactly how your constitution is formed?