Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My solicitor has been acting in a family law matter,

My solicitor has been acting for me in a family law matter, to help me get access to my children after they were abducted by my wife. I have been paying his invoices, now i'm not able to pay this invoice until after the 15th December. I have made this clear to him, so he is now refusing to help until I pay him. He is endangering my case and asking me to continue as a litigant in person?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Is there any urgent work to do before 15 December or any hearings coming up? Unfortunately it will be standard policy with most solicitors that all invoices should be up to date before work can take place or continue.
Also, as the issue is in relation to child abduction has your solicitor undertaken a legal aid eligibility assessment for you?
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
If you found the information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.