13262538

Living will. My daughter made a living will in 2010.she unfortunately

Customer Question

Living will. My daughter made a living will in 2010.she unfortunately passed away recently. In her will ( and her husband of 7 months) new about the content ie any goods, what so
ever that are sold the monies have to be put in trust for her 11 year old daughter.
Needless to say he has sold her car approx. £8000 and paid of his OWN debt. He did pay for the car ,However the car was registered in her name.
How can I get this money back for my grand daughter
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I am sorry for your loss.Could you confirm when your daughter wrote her Will, who was names as Executor and when she got married?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lorraine got married on the 1st Nov 2014.living will wrote on 23.11.2010 and witnessed by Dc Jane Rees on the same dated.
the words Executor do not appear however the following sentence states " I wish the following persons to be consulted in the event of uncertainty about my wishes" Lorraine then stated her sister Barbara and her close friend Amber,NONE of whom have been approached re the will. Harvey Goodchild
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I think there is some confusion as a "living will" deals only with what happens in the event of the need for Resuscitation or end of life care - it has nothing to do with the financial issues.Any actual Will would have been revoked on the marriage and accordingly unless your daughter made a new Will (of the type dealing with financial issues) then she died intestate and the first £250,000 of her assets go to her husbandPlease ask if you need further detailsClare