75100385

Money transferred by accident into wrong account

money transferred by accident into wrong account
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I run a company in the Falkland Islands (JAYTEC), I asked my bank to transfer some money to EPOS Direct Ltd. at the same time I asked them to transfer money to another company (bluepoint Ltd). However my mistake I sent through the wrong details and put epos direct details in again and I didn't notice until about a week later.I then Phoned EPOS direct to advise of my mistake asked them can they arrange for the additional money to be transferred back to me, they said they would at the next payment run at the end of the month. Due to work and holidays I then completely forgot about it, up until I started to look at my accounts ready for the end of year. I noticed payment still haven't been received, have phoned up again, last week and this week, but I feel I'm getting the run around, promises of people phoning or emailing me back not materializing.The amount I'm looking to get refunded is £4065 less any money they would incur for the transfer, which I had offered from the start as it was my mistake, the bank here for info is outside the UK banking system.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk  or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only issue is I'm overseas Falkland Islands, which is a separate legal system to england and wales, would I need to goto a county court in the UK
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes it would be, because this is where the £ ended.
But if they get a Court issue then may just transfer it back anyway.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes makes me happy that I should be able to get my money back eventually.Many thanks for your time and help