75100385

Dear Sirs we are a timber frame company who engaged the services

Dear Sirs
we are a timber frame company who engaged the services of our client who happens to own steel company to provide the steels to our specification for his project. This element of the build is £2350. The client has sent us court papers for the payment of this amount plus costs but as a company we are still owed a balance of £3429.45. we naturally would like/expect our outstanding amount to be deducted from this figure but on the court paperwork there does not appear to be any provision to outline our case. as you can see were we to pay this amount our losses would rise from £1079.45 to £5779.45. I should point out that the client is refusing to let us attend site to allow us to complete any works that may be deemed incomplete of which there are few.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you would like to ask me about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would like to know where we stand and our next course of action we have until Thursday 10th to return the court papers with things as we see them.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you are entitled to set off if you are owed money. This is the defence of set off
So you can offset the £3249 against whatever the claim is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex
There does not appear to be an offset area on the claim form, do we just type a letter explaining this? If we do it as a counterclaim there is a counterclaim fee?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is a counter claim fee depending on what the value of the claim is.
You put the offeset in the defence section.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alexcan this conversation be continued tomorrow as i have to leave the office now.
Gerry
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure.