75100385

I have moved from Lancaster to Newcastle into ' Sheltered Accommodation'.

I have moved from Lancaster to Newcastle into ' Sheltered Accommodation'. The removal firm hadn't sent a Van large enough to take all my belongs!!!!
Lancaster City Council are demanding a ' clearance payment' of £434.00.
How can I claim from the removal firms insurance?
I have the original contract, and demanding letters from Lancaster City Council.
Truly I am 82 years old with Alzhimers and I cant get a local Solicitor to help.
Would/Could you PLEASE help or advise? PLEASE.
Leo J Rowett
elbent @Hotmail.co.uk
Flat*****
Raby Way
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE6 2FR
Mobile ***********
PLEASE HELP ( Thank you).
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write to the removal company and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk  or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.