12826847

We are tourists from Hong Kong and we have rented a

Customer Question

We are tourists from Hong Kong and we have rented a vehicle from a London car rental company and embarked on a four months road trip in Europe. I began with a one month rental agreement, and have been extending the agreement and payment by phone for the subsequent periods.
Upon my fourth request to extend the rental agreement, the company refuses to extend my contract and demand the car back on the same day. As we are still in Europe, that is impossible. They refuse to extend our insurance policy and informed us that we are uninsured. They said they have attempted to reach my phone 2 weeks ago but was unsuccessful. Do they have the legal obligation to extend our insurance policy? We have offered to accept the financial obligations. What are our rights if they refuse? What are our liabilities?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
On what basis have they refused please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said the car is due for service. I was not notified until the day they want the vehicle back. Today they have informed me that they can extend the rental agreement to Friday, and that after that date I will not be insured. I need at least 4 weeks to return the vehicle.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do their terms and conditions allow them not to extend beyond the agreed rental period?