13262538

My parents drafted their will some years ago. My father has

my parents drafted their will some years ago. My father has subsequently developed dementia and my mother has power of attorney. I have a bad relationship with my mother - can she now unilaterally change the will to dis-inherit me?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYour mother cannot use her Power of Attorney to alter your father's Will - but of course she can change her own whenever you wishPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Clarethank you for your reply.Could I ask for some clarification please? Your answer seems to apply when there are two separate wills but my understanding is that there is only one joint will.if this is the case, how does your answer apply?What is the situation were my father to die before my mother?Thank youJane
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It would be unlikely - indeed in these days almost negligent to have a Joint Will since it cannot be changed by either party at this stage unless your mother makes an applictaion to the Court Of Protection for permission to do so - which you would have to be told about