75100385

A road is marked as a no through road at both ends although

Customer Question

A road is marked as a no through road at both ends although it is not.
At one end the road has curb stones making it one vehicle wide for approximately 50 meters. There are no right of way signs on this stretch.
The residents of the road (6 houses) would like this end of the road permenantly closed.
Are there any reasons safety or otherwise we could ask for this road to be closed?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know whether there have been any accidents there within the last say 10 years?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes lots of accidents including a fatality
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then you can ask the Council to close it off. If they refuse then you should write to the Chief Officer of the Council and ask. That department will consider the complaint and report back to you. If they do not agree with you, at that point you can then complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They are free, independent and can consider any complaint for free at: www.lgo.org.uk
The final thing is to seek a Judicial Review if they refuse and that would involve getting a High Court Judge to consider whether the Council have acted reasonably and legally. A Court can agree with the decision or remit it back to the Council for further consideration.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/