13262538

Me and my partner have spilt up. We had booked an holiday and

Customer Question

Me and my partner have spilt up. We had booked an holiday and he paid for it on his debt card. I was the main lead all documents and I had signed the paper. Unfortunately unable to go together to cancel coz he threatens me. He stated on text that myself and my child could go but you can't fly to that place and I have an midwife appointment on the day we would fly back so I stated cancel it they stated they had to pay it back to myself coz I was the main lead. He stating he is getting me done for fraud. I would have been willing to give him the money back but he has been hassling me and threatening and I have blocked him from my phone. I don't know what to do be easier to give it him back but he will just other things to abuse me. Like using our daughter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have phoned the travel agent and they stated they would not provide him with any details because he is not on the documents has main lead and it has my signatures on the paper work. He has stated that he has phoned his bank and he is getting me done for fraud.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is Clare I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHave you actually received the refund?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It hasn't gone into my bank yet. But it will b doing. I did explain that he paid it on his card. They stated that they don't keep card details and has to go to the main lead which was me. My ex also sent me text saying I could keep the holiday too. He was changing his mind all time though and just wanted me to hand over the paper work
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You have done nothing wrong - provided you pay him the money when you receive it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah he has said that or I'll get done for fraud. He has borrowed money of me but says he not paying me so I'm just best to pay him
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much does he owe you and do you have proof of the debt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a holiday that I paid for which he and his daughter went on with us all. I have that on a credit card statement. I lent him 200 for his mums car to b fixed and lent him 500 I'm sure I have texts for that. I paid for his play station and I pad have proof I paid for them but not that he has them he wouldn't not admitt to that. If I don't pay him what will happen. Don't want out affecting my crb and to be honest he can get very violent.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It depends on ho wmuch hassle you want.
If you want to recover the money that you have paid out then you shoudl send an set of accounts showing the money he owes you (backed up with copies of whatever evidence you have - set against the money you received.
This is no fraud and you will have done nothing wrong.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the holiday paper work he does not have copies. He just has a bank statement saying he paid ***** ***** 1800. There no proof on the paper work. If I don't pay him back then will nothing happen to me. I just think we would be square.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
If you simply do not repay the money without sending an accounting showing how it was used to repay his debts then your ex can sue you for the money - and is likely to win.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah he is going to do that if I have not paid him by Friday. It has not gone into my account yet though. These are the texts
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then send him the account as I have suggested
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I do that to him direct by letter or wait for him to sue me. Thank u very much for ur help
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes ,send the letter as soon as posisble