12826847

If the parking spaces in a converted house are used for

Customer Question

Hi, if the parking spaces in a converted house are used for decades by the original 6 flats, and spaces match the number of flats and are used as allocated, but without any legal mention in the post-war deeds, and then another part/block is built decades later and tries to claim one of those spots, can they do so on the basis that parking is not mentioned in the original flats' deeds, nor in the newer blocks deeds? This is a flying freehold building, not leasehold.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to say that when I was purchasing my flat in 1999, the information provided to me from the association for the main house, mentions that the parking on the drive is for a limited number of residents of the main house (by mentioning its name). It also mentions seperately that the other later "cottages" as they are called, are not part of the main house, and pay reduced subscription (about 25%) for access to their gardens/upkeep of the communal garden that they overlook etc. It is not specified further what they pay towards.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola, Its been 3 days since I asked and I would have thought someone would have answered by now if they wanted to. Please cancel it and I will search myself for a specialist land barrister.
best regards
Adele Ottinger