UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

How do I find the legal use of a commercial building onlin

Customer Question

How do I find the legal use of a commercial building online
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I own a wharehouse building and the original planning in 1955 was for class B1 for the offices and B2 for the wharehouse. I bought the building in 1998 and have a letter from the local council stating that my use for storage would need B8. I never applied for change of use and now I have someone whom wants to rent from me but they want B2. I need to find out what the current usage is before I allow a tennant to take it over. As the planning and use is so old I cannot seem to find out what the current situation is. I want to find somewhere where I can find out the current situation without going to the council. Is this possible? I also have an offer from a developer but renting would possibly be a better option but I need to know before I make a decision. Thanks, ***** *****
Hello Tony,
You would need to approach your council to find out the current use of your property. It would not be possible to check somewhere else what your property use is for.
All the best