ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Im just going tho a divorce and was told i could charge my

Customer Question

im just going tho a divorce and was told i could charge my wife rent for living in our house and that i can force her the sale of our property is this right im on benifits and cant afford a solicitor till the divorce is out the way the property is in france and she is still living there i was forced back to the uk last year
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Please may I ask:
- what is both your wife and your own country of origin?
- where do you intend to live now?
- how long have you been in the UK since you came back?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the uk
my wife still living in france i here in the uk at my sisters till i get a flat from the council
i been back now 12 months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i get a solicitor where i can pay for them from the sale of the house as i been told so much i dont know where i stand on this
Thank you for your response.
Are you intending to remain in the UK?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes im intinding to stay in the uk from now on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
intending to live back in the uk
im sufferig from depression and have tryed to take my life once all i need is good advice and help where to turn and who to go to to get half of what im intitled to
Thank you for your response.
My apologies for asking you to make this clear. The reason I kept asking is because I wanted to make sure that you have the ability to be able to apply for divorce in the UK. For the UK to consider it is has jurisdiction you have to be domiciled here. Even saying that - your wife could still try and challenge Jurisdiction.
When you apply for divorce - you are also able to apply for a financial order in respect of the matrimonial finances. The normal rule is 50/50 division and the Matrimonial Causes Act sets out Factors why this rule can be departed from including such as the earning capacity for both of you, future health needs etc
All assets and liabilities are included in such an application including the house in France. The court can consider equitable accounting if you were excluded from the property.
You may well be able to obtain litigation financing until a settle my is agreed.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so we receive credit for our work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats ok
can you tell me can i charge her rent for living on my half of the property ?
and what is it called where i can pay for solicitor from the sale of the house ?
and what are my rights to collect my belongings and that of my late wife and mum dads belongings and can i force her to get them from her ?