75100385

Is there any legal way of getting defaults removed from

Hi, Is there any legal way of getting defaults removed from my credit file? All debt has been settled and I no longer owe anything.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you accept that the entries are correct please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they are correct - unfortunately a legacy from my student days!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Are they defaults or Court Judgments?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Defaults.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Its bad news I am afraid - unless they agree there is no legal way. You can write and ask them if it has been some time and say its affecting your credit - its a matter of discretion for them.
But in any event after 6 years from date of default they will drop off your account.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry about the answer- Its exactly what I expected! I just wanted to fully confirm with an expert!I might try writing to them and hopefully they will be lenient- it has been about 4 years. If not I will just use the next 2 years to save a bigger deposit for mortgage!Thank you so much for your help- its really appreciated.Kat
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed, I am sorry Kat.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry- its not your fault and Im really grateful for the advise!It won't let me leave a rating- can you send a link??
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sorry.
You should be able to rate by clicking a smily face - try again now and if mot let me know.