75100385

I've been with the same motor insurance since I passed my test

Customer Question

I've been with the same motor insurance since I passed my test 3years ago . In my first year I was hit by an uninsured driver , due to the claim been unsettled my Insurance company would not acknowledge my no claims bonuses . 3 years later my claim has been settled and none fault, and my insurance company have now give me 3 years no claims. I have been advised that I am entitled to be reimbursed by my insurance company for the high premiums I have been paying over the last 3 years, due to them not taking my no claims in to account. Is that correct because my insurers are fobbing me off saying I am not and its for the third party to reimburse me . Common sense tells me that I'm been blagged by my insurer because my claim was paid out by the MIB ( motor insurance bureau) due to the drive been uninsured, and its my insurance company who have charged me the high premiums as if I was at fault?????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes if your no claims have been reinstated as if it was a no fault then you are due back any extra insurance premiums you have paid.
If they refuse then you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman who offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just so it's 100% clear, I am entitled to this money from my insurers and not any third party like I'm been led to believe by my insurers?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not daft or anything, but could you please give me a more detailed reply than "YES" ? Who has to reimburse me ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You are entitled to it from your insurer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I give you 5 STARS could you please role all your answers in to one detailed paragraph so it reads as I asked one question? Many many thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes if your no claims have been reinstated as if it was a no fault then you are due back any extra insurance premiums you have paid. You are entitled to it from your insurer.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
m