13262538

I stay at a Holiday Inn or 4 nights every 4 weeks. There

Customer Question

I stay at a Holiday Inn for 3 or 4 nights every 4 weeks. There is a poster in reception that says 'Become a UHG Member' I asked about the benefits and was told I would receive points every time I stayed which would add up to a free nights stay so I asked them to make me a member and I continued to book my next months stay 4 weeks in advance every month at an average rate of around £85. I have just found out that I have been deceived as if I book on line then the average rate is £41 ! I have so far stayed there for the last 8 months and as a result have lost in excess of £1,000. I am now of course booking on line. Would I have a case for compensation for this deceit ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Sadly no.
I am afraid that it was up to you to investigate what would be the cheapest option and they were not under a duty to tell you that there was a cheaper way than the offer that you asked about.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the point - I asked about what were the benefits of membership and they misled me by withholding vital information - It is like me buying a toy boat for my son and the instructions do not tell me that it will not float !
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately no - it is like buying a toy boat for your son at a price 10% less than it was the day before - but not being told it was even cheaper at another branch of the same shop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - If I had asked the hotel what is the best rate I can book at and they told me £70 but they knew this was untrue ie:they lied or deceived me then surely I would have a case ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Again sadly not - the online booking process is a separate one and they only have to give you the rates that THEY can book at
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In case you did not get my reply I am sending my reply as above again - Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I have not seen any further reply that I have not answered I am afraid