13262538

Is teachers testimony to the mental capacity of a person accepted

is teachers testimony to the mental capacity of a person accepted in a legal case it concerns making a will
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstCould you explain a little more about the background to the question pleaseClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My niece is Downs Syndrome person and she wants to make a will.She visits her doctor only once a year so the doctor
is reluctant to make a statement as to her mental capacity.Her teacher with 35 years of experience is willing to testify that she
has the capacity to understand and make a will.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I assume that her teacher is Special Needs trained - in which case yes a report from her teacher would indeed be sufficient.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details