UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I worked major insurance company in Stoke from

I worked for a major insurance company in Stoke from Sept 1964 dealing with most aspects of commercial underwriting. I later was transferred to the Birmingham office in 1981 where I continued until 2000, taking compulsory redundancy and early retirement. I understand that an employee of a firm developed a disease which subsequently years later died. There would appear to be some years missing in the firms insurance history going back to the late 1960s. I have been asked to share my knowledge of the firms' insurance. While I can recall the firm, I cannot remember details of their insurances, which obviously goes back some 40/50 years. Can you advise on how to deal with this, also bearing in mind the insuring company are now paying my Pension. I am 68, a Pensioner since 2000 and am now worried as I cant remember the detail
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
Your pension is a separate issue and it should not be affected by this request.
It is unreasonable to expect you to precisely recall events going back 40/50 years, such matters are usually time barred under the Limitation Act.
You should simply answer as honestly as possible and say that you do not recall anything further than what you have answered. There cannot be any claim against you for failing to recall.
All the best