12826847

I have been having an ongoing problem with Affinity Water

Customer Question

I have been having an ongoing problem with Affinity Water since the spring when they
told me I had a huge bill and, as the usage was huge, I must have a leak.. I live in my house with three others so
the usage I suppose is high. However, they are pressing me to settle this as you onlyt get on go so to speak on a water allowance. The problem is that I cannot find the leak and cannot afford to
pay the big plumber's bills. Their meter keeps going roud even though I stop the ater at the mains and at the inside stop cock. They are insisting there is nothing wrong with their meter . I would like to insist that before I incur any further costs they replace it with a new one inside the house ( I am elderly) before embarking on further detection and replacemet of pipes. I do not have a thousand pounds for this...meanwhile the meter whizzes round.
I am wondering what my position is. They are helpful but kind of evasive at the same time?
Could you let me have your opinion. I am not in a fit state to lie on the pavement an check whether their meter is going round and monitoring the bills.No one, frankly, seems to know anything!
Sophie **********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sophie my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you had a surveyor out at all please?