Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I am a 50% shareholder in a ltd business that has one other

I am a 50% shareholder in a ltd business that has one other 50% shareholder who is also the sole director. We have fallen out and we are in litigation for various reasons. The company was always based at a service office X. I have just seen on companies house that he has changed the registered office for the company to another office in a different town. My question is; should he have notified me as I own 50% of the business where he has moved premises without notifying me.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Technically filing a form AD01 at Companies House does not require shareholder approval.
However changing the registered office is a management decision and technically he should have made the decision with you as a board resolution.
That said failing to pass a board resolution is potentially a breach of director but the sanction you can obtain is not really Of any value. You can use this kind of conduct as evidence of perhaps systemic and continued breach of director duties.
Is there any way you have suffered loss or damage?
AJ