13262538

I need advice to know if I am actually legally married.My

Customer Question

I need advice to know if I am actually legally married.
My husband was cautioned for bigamy last year. We have near lived together.
As far as I am aware he married me first. But I have found out that he used false details, when we got married incorrect date of birth and name. Did he commit a fraud when we got married if so can the marriage be annulled.
Also in light that the information he used to get married is false, how does this affect the children birth certificates etc
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Provided he was not married to anyone else at the time of your marriage then the marriage was legal despite the false information givenYou certainly have grounds for a divorce at present - but not for an anulmentPlease ask if you need further detailsClare