12826847

A ceiling in a flat we manage is leaking from the flat above

Customer Question

A ceiling in a flat we manage is leaking from the flat above (which we also manage). In the flat above, water from a kitchen sink has leaked behind the adjoining wall, making the wall sodden, and then dripping down onto the flat below. Consequently the tenant in the downstairs bedroom where the drip is ending up is refusing to pay this month's rent on that basis until it is fixed. We're replacing the kitchen worktop to the upstairs flat and fixing the wall behind the kitchen sink this week. Is the tenant in his right to withhold his rent, and if so, for how long?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please. I would like an answer to this property law question. Should I increase the amount I pay to increase the urgency and level of detail I require?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Usually if Experts think that a question is underpriced they will report it - I haven't had any reports on this question, so I'm not sure it is necessary to increase the amount offered.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. Why are you unable to fix it?