75100385

I have just finished a court case (yesterday) where I unfortunately

I have just finished a court case (yesterday) where I unfortunately lost the case due to the defendants stating that the agreement was with a limited company they run which had subsequently gone into insolvency, and unfortunately the judge bought into this arguement.
I was the one who was the claimant (in my own name) and the judge has ruled that the agreement stands, therefore it is now the subject of assets in the liquidation, which would include my previous trading name being Menu Printers.
My Husband is a director of a dormant company called 'Menu Printers' (the company was formed 31st October 2014 - I was the original director but the forms were sent to companies house a week or so ago to change it to him being the director).
What I want to know is, can he trade the limited company under the name of Menu Printers Ltd?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
When you say he, who do you mean please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex,

Well we lost the case cos the Defendants claimed it was a limited company and that they had liquidated the company.

They got granted court costs cos we had issued against them personally.

What we found bizarre was that throughout the case the Judge kept telling us that he wasn't interested in 'the law!!!' and that the defendants didn't have to say a word, he actually said 'they could sit there sucking their thumbs if they wanted to, we had to prove everything'. They even denied the documents they submitted were submitted by them, and the judge said to me 'prove it' (meaning I had to prove they had submitted them !!!!

Right, back to your question, the 'He' I was referring to is my Husband

Sandra xx

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. He can revive the company and trade as the Ltd Co.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nope that's it, thanks for your help through this xxxx

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help!
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience