13262538

Please explain to me the purpose of form E and what to expect

Please explain to me the purpose of form E and what to expect at the first hearing-aim and decision that should be expected
HiThank you for your question.The Form E is there to ensure that there is full disclosure of the Financial position of both parties.It allows each party to the raise questions if they believe that there are other assets - or to query specific anomalies on the paperworkIt also allows the Court to make an assessment of what a fair division of the assets would be in terms of meeting the needs of any children, and the parties.The First Appointment is designed to be a time where any outstanding information can be requested - and where the actual issues between the parties can be refined.It is hoped that it will also be a time for negotiation between the parties - and if ALL information is available then the Judge might also give guidelines on what MIGHT happen were the matter to go to a final hearingUnless both parties agree there will be no decision on the settlement at all - instead the court will issue Directions in respect of any outstanding information and list it for a final hearingClare