75100385

My husband stood as guarantor son and his girlfriend.

Customer Question

My husband stood as guarantor for our son and his girlfriend. The tenancy was for six months initially but they stayed in the property. They have now split & my son is no longer living in the property. Her dad has agreed to take over as guarantor but the landlord is saying he can't & my husband can't cease. Is this right?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes this is right. Only the landlord can release your husband and he will remain as guarantor until the tenancy is complete and the tenants have moved out,
So he will be liable until then. I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/