75100385

I have been refused London private hire drivers licence,I want

I have been refused London private hire drivers licence,I want make an appeal against the decisions because in march 2012 i was convicted of taxi tout and also on September 2010 and was also caution for same offence in October 2009.all this has happen more than 3 years ago. I was told that i can apply after 3 years for private hire licence can you please help.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you would like to know about that please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if the TFL has the right to refuses me private hire drivers licence for the previous offence. which I already mention to you with the date.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes they do. They can take into account ALL offences, they are not spent after 3 years.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes coming to my point they said I can appeal can you tell me on which ground I can appeal,their must be a ground i can appeal.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly I dont think you can. You should have details of why they refused and if you think that they should not be able to take into account past driving history you can appeal on that basis.
It will then go before an independent Tribunal who will decide whether they should be allowed to take into account your previous convictions.But sadly I think they can.
I am sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what I would like you to explain is what is the law on taxi tout it must explain some where length of sentence that it carries and the time limet
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It does not matter. They can take into account your previous driving record. You are not applying for a job where the post can be exempt, but making an application.
You have offences to do with taxi driving in 2009, 2010 and 2012. They are entitled to take these three convictions into account.
I am sorry but an appeal would be useless.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but in away yes I am applying for a job. it is 100% job base.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
But you are not, its an APPLICATION for a licence, which is totally different.
You can appeal, but I dont think you will succeed - I am so sorry.