Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a semi-detached property with a self-contained granny

Customer Question

I have a semi-detached property with a self-contained granny annexe. We have recently received planning permission to treat these as two separate properties. What do I have to do so that the annexe can be sold separately?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
You will need to submit a form TP1 to carry out a part transfer together with form AP1(assuming that the semi-detached property is already registered with the land registry, if not you will need to submit form FR1 instead of AP1).
You will need to attach a plan to the form TP1 identifying the land being transferred. If there is a mortgage affecting the land you may need to contact the lender and obtain a discharge of part under form DS3.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.