Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Is it possible to obtain from the Land Registry details

Customer Question

Is it possible to obtain from the Land Registry details of to whom proceeds of a House sale were paid?
I owned a house which I had bought with the proceeds of my late mothers estate but because of my health difficulties, I did not live in. I instructed a builder to carry out various jobs and I gave him the keys to the house (the only set). Initially he invoiced me and I paid those invoices. Later on he continued work (which I had neither specified nor authorised) but did not invoice me. Subsequently he called on me at my wife's house and told me I owed him approximately £3,000. I told him I was not prepared to pay for work I had not authorised. He then asked if I was prepared to sell the house to him and I told him no.
I now find that there has been a sale of the house to a third party and that a Mortgage has been taken out on it (in favour of the Yorkshire Bank).
What is my position please?
CMB
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
Please can you confirm that the issue is that the house that you owned was sold without your knowledge?
You cannot check where proceeds of sale were paid but you are able to obtain title deed which will confirm who the property is registered to - you can do this here: https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0C7IdFQG9k5Tz/
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.