UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am an internet content creator (YouTube) and I would like

Customer Question

I am an internet content creator (YouTube) and I would like to know whether or not the video/sound clips I am using fall under the fair dealing clause within P-27? Can someone advise?
https://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p27_work_of_others
It seems that as long as I credit the originator of the copyrighted content it qualifies? Is this correct?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
For what purpose will you be using the video/ sound clips of others? Please give details.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To make youtube videos and post them to the site. I do not intend to monetize this content but am unsure if this makes a difference anyway?
Fair dealing covers the following activities:
research and private study, instruction or examination, criticism or review, news reporting, incidental inclusion or adapting for people with disability.
If your content includes a clip with copyright works in the background that would fall under incidental inclusion provided that the clip does not become a focus of attention and is not made part of the narrative.
If in doubt, I suggest that you contact the copyright owner for permission to use their work.
Hope this helps