75100385

We are building a house. In July we had pile driving done at

Customer Question

We are building a house. In July we had pile driving done at the property. We have now received a letter from the owner of the run down bungalow next door saying that cracks have appeared in the ceiling of her lounge and may be in her hall, bathroom and kitchen but she can't tell because of ceiling tiles. She says she has video evidence of paintings moving and china and cutlery rattling due to the vibrations. This property has not been touched for years. When we moved in to the original bungalow which was in a similar condition to the property in question and which we have now knocked down, we had many cracks.
Please advise how we should deal with this. How can she prove that 5 months later these cracks are down to the pile driving?
Lyn Adams
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Lyn my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes, to bring any claim they would need to show it was directly related to the works you had done. In any event your insurance if it has legal cover should cover the cost of any proceedings. In any event if a claim was made you would be able to counter sue the company doing the works as well.
But I assume you used a reputable company and if so you have nothing to worry about. The owner would have to show it was as a direct result of your works and nothing else.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/