Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I booked on-line at "*****@******.***" a two night

I booked on-line at "*****@******.***" a two night stay at the Woolpack Inn at Beckington,Somerset. I asked to transfer this booking to a later date due to being hospitalised for a cardiac condition and follow up O/P appointments. The terms and conditions state that a booking can be transferred but although they agreed a transfer they have since avoided answering my emails and the last email was from a different email address viz***@******.***
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
You said they agreed a transfer of dates, how did they agree this was it on the phone or in writing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Written in their Terms and Conditions
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
So they haven't confirmed this with you at all then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Herewith their email ----Original message----
From :***@******.***
Date : 11/12/2015 - 12:59 (GMT)
To :***@******.***
Subject : Woolpack Inn (218.250.059)Booking.com Home | FAQ
Manage bookingDear *****ald Fearnley,Thank you for choosing Booking.com.We are writing to you regarding your reservation###-##-####at Woolpack Inn, check-in date 2015-12-11, and check-out date 2015-12-13.To allow Booking.com to change the dates on your booking, we kindly ask that you provide us with the exact dates that you wish to amend to.Once we have received these, we will be able to confirm if the dates are available and the rate accordingly.Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.Kind regards,--
Jenna Burberry
Booking.com Customer Service Team
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok so I assume you have now provided the dates as requested? How did you pay for the original booking and was it paid in full?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to change the dates on-line but each date I entered was and there were many, were all shown as "unavailable" I then emailed them explaining this and gave them a choice of Mid Feb to Mid March and any date in April and have had no reply to this. However I had a subsequent email just acknowledging my cancellation but from a different email address.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok so when you booked did you pay in full? Are they offering you any solution?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid in full and no further solution has been received
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
how did you make the payment was it by credit card? and how much did you pay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By Debit Card for £290.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies, I paid by Credit Card
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi you are right that they are based in the Netherlands. They do have a UK telephone number to contact though so in the first instance I would suggest you do so on 0203(###) ###-####as it may be that a quick call can resolve the issue.
If the hotel cannot accomodate a change in date then you are entitled to a refund in the event that the terms of the booking stated that the stay could be amended or cancelled.
In the event that a phone call does not resolve the situation then you should check who took the money from your account as it may have been the hotel.
If the hotel is not following its own cancellation policy then they are liable to refund your money and you can contact them directly.
If they say that the hotel was incorrectly advertised then you may ulimately need to bring a claim against both the hotel and booking.com.
I think it is unlikely to come to this though.
if you have any further questions please do ask. IF I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Things are now certainly clearer but if I get no agreeable answer how does one proceed with a claim and would it cost more than the cost of my booking?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
You can make a money claim online against the hotel (who I think is ultimately liable). You can do so at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk There is a fee of £25 but you can recover this sum if you are successful. If it transpires that the money was paid to booking.com (I think this is unlikely) and you need to issue against them then it is slightly more complicated as they are based in the Netherlands. If it comes to this then do come back to me for further advice at the time.
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only