LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I have been informed that the CPS have instructed the Police

Customer Question

i have been informed that the CPS have instructed the Police that there is sufficient evidence for charges relating to 4 offences at a former place of work. I worked in North East England and have now moved home to Scotland. I have not been formally charged but been informed a court summons will be sent. Should i be looking to engage a solicitor in England and where would i apply for legal aid to defend the case ?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.
You should follow this link http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ and search for a solicitor specialising in criminal defence in the area where the allegation arises.
As far as legal aid is concerned 2 tests are applied the means test ad the merits test , to make sure you are financially eligible and that the offence is serious enough to qualify for legal aid.
What were you arrested for and who has told you a summons is coming?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not been arrested but the investigating officer has told me a summons will be sent out
and what is the offence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was questioned regarding fraud and theft but heard nothing since
OK if you qualify on the means test you will probably qualify on the merits test for legal aid.
You should just wait and see what happens. The CPS & Police between them are quite capable of forgetting to issue a summons.