75100385

I have installed some underfloor electric heating customer. They

I have installed some underfloor electric heating for a customer.
They purchased the underfloor heating and i installed it.
I have re visited the site three times because it appears to not work.
First time by myself And it had power to the unit and had been installed correctly.
Second visit i met a qualified electrician at the site to test the circuit and wiring was correct,
the findings were the circuit was correct and the supply to the control unit was connected.
When i went back on the third visit i contacted the company that the customer had purchased the under floor heating from on there behalf.
I was told if the thermostat wasn't working under the floor correctly it could be over ridden by a switch on the control unit. I switch it over on the control unit and still no heat.
I explained to the customer that the unit seemed to be faulty.
The customer has told me that he wants me to remove all the tiles and supply new under floor heating and fit it, then relay all the tiles at my expense.
I have offered to do the job again if the customer purchases the under floor heating but not at my expense because the unit that he purchased appears to be faulty.
How do i stand because he said he is getting someone els to do it and sending me the bill.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You are sure that its nothing to do with the installation, that something the customer supplied is faulty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is faulty, I have had a electrical on site to test it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then you dont need to do anything. Its nothing to do with you. They can try and get you to change it at your cost. If they try and take you to Court it will fail - its not your fault. They supplied the product, if you had then it would be different and you would have to do it at your cost.