13262538

I am one of the beneficiaries of my late mums will,

Customer Question

I am one of the beneficiaries of my late mums will, my sister being the executor. I fell out with my brother and sister some years ago and do not now have any contact with them! However I bought a copy of the will from the probate office and it splits the sale of mums house evenly between the three of us, the house was sold in October. Up to now I have had no correspondence from my sister or any solicitor acting for the executor, how long a time can it take for me to receive my inheritance?
Stuart
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat other assets are/were there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mum left £2000 to my sister, that all!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - I meant that apart from, the house what other savings or assets did she have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately nothing! Just her furniture and that was sold with the house, not any real value.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Are the solicitors details on the Grant of Probate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but unfortunately I don't have them right now as I'm in the office, I've got them at home. I did phone their telephone number but they told me they could only speak with the executor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I allowed to contact them directly?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I suggest that you write a formal letter to the solicitors acting for the Executor, identifying yourself a s one of the Residual Beneficiaries and asking for an update on the distribution.
i would simply say that you are not in contact with the Executor hence the letter to them.
If that i snot successful then you will need to write to your sister to remind her that she is personally liable to you to distribute the assets correctly
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details