13262538

My some changed his family name by deed pole can I get back

Customer Question

My some changed his family name by deed pole can I get back family newsletter from him
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Could you explain a little more about what it is that you wish to achieve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish to retrieve a st Christopher necklace and a signat ring that belonged to my father as my so no longer wishes to use the family name
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Were they given to him as gifts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Given as family early inheritence
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Given as early inheritance before my death as he now wants no more to do with the family name he will no longer be in my will
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave them in good faith with the expectation the family name was an honour to have
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
have you already asked him for those items?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not as yet wanted to know how I stood in legal terms
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that since you gave them to him as a gift you cannot insist upon their return - you are dependant on either his good nature - or (more likely) pointing out that since he has decided to separate himself from the family you assume he no longer wishes to have the items linked to it.
I am sorry not to give better news - please ask if you need further details