13262538

Can my neighbour grow a Russian vine or polliganham up the

Customer Question

can my neighbour grow a Russian vine or polliganham up the boundary wall of my house which supports my roof and is built entirely on my land. my neighbour seem to think it is party wall but I disagree, could you please clarify.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat makes your neighbour think that it is a party wall?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HE was a regimental sergeant major in the army and believes he can ride roughshod over anybody .incidently he feels that he has the law on his side .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the wall being the rear wall of my house, I cannot see how this can possible ,but he is adamant that he can do what he likes .I am of an age 78 and feel and have in the past been intimidated verbaly and physicaly by him
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
So for clarity - it is the Wall of your house, and it is within not on your boundary - is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
o.k.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I hope our conversation was useful - I am sorry for the cough!
You may find this website helpful in identifying what is and is not a Party Wall
http://www.mypropertyguide.co.uk/articles/display/10079/what-is-a-party-wall.htm
You have a clear claim for any damage done to your property by the plant.
Do please stay safe