12826847

Can someone help me in regards ***** ***** legalities of parking

Customer Question

Can someone help me in regards ***** ***** legalities of parking fines with a change of law with a Supreme Court Ruling Please. I was told that if I parked in the station car park they could not enforce the parking charges as it was private property and council
run Now the the law has changed (5.11.15 - Parkingeye v Beavis) I believe) can they charge me for retrospective tickets ie tickets issued before 5.11.15? Any help would be appreciated
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
All the case of Beavis says effectively is that the point that was often made that these fines exceed the sum of their loss is a bad one. It really goes no further than that. It was a case that considered the sum of the loss point and it was won by the private land company. In fairness, it was a stupid point to take on appeal as they were always going to win on that point. It is fair to say that case would have retrospective effect as it really just clarifies the issue of loss. The risks are still much the same though. The plain fact remains that these fines are very difficult to enforce because they are not cost effective to bring to court. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo!
OK understood (I think) - so if I'm being chased for £810 by NCP do you think they would pursue it?Jez
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They could do that. It is a more valuable claim. The chances are fairly high that they may not though.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm asked to alert you to some issue with your payment in relation to a phone call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - old card! ready when you areJez ***********
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Can you give me 15 mins?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
All the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for explaining it so clearly!Merry Christmas!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.