13262538

My former partner is on benefits and is pregnant. I am

Hi, my former partner is on benefits and is pregnant. I am bipolar, and have part time income of £8,000 a year plus £12,000 unearned income a year. We are not marries, and have never cohabited. I have quite considerable inherited capital (say 200,000) and I own my own small house in Hammersmith. Please say I will get through this, and give me a rough idea of how much I will have to pay per month?
Thank you very much, Nicholas Roynon
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi NicholasThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstI have to ask - are you sure that the baby is yours?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We will have dna test, but I am 98% sure she is my baby.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, she is schizophrenic (in remission maybe), and came off the pill, as she has admitted to me. She is thrilled to be having a baby.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Are Social Services likely to become involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I am certain social services will be involved. We both have psychiatrists, but I am living independently.
We met in hospital, and she had a previous baby at Aberdeen University by someone else that she had to give up.
Nicholas.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiIn the event that the baby remains with mum your liability for child maintenance will be 12% of your income from all sources - less if you have the baby in your care for more than 52 nights a yearYou will get through this - but you will also need to consider what contact if any you want with the baby
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your time and for an answer that I find fair too. Also for encouragement!
You have set my mind at rest. Nicholas.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome and I hope all goes well