Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husbands income is approx. 1400.00 pcm

Customer Question

Hello, My husbands income is approx. 1400.00 pcm
My " " 6549.00 pcm both made up of retirement pension and works pension.
We married in Oct this year and I had £600.00 housekeeping from him on Oct which increase to £700.00 in Nov. This meant out of my income I was heavily subsidising the payment of bills. I was left with just enough to pay personal bills,amounting to £100.00. pcm. I do have access to a joint a/c in both names, but I do not draw from it. Now he says He is seeking a divorce after we have been married for a year. can I draw from this joint a/c to put into a "my name only" a/c to aid me for any requirements, because I can't save out of what he gives me, I am destitute. Sheila
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
As it is a joint account, legally you are both able to draw and deposit into the account for any purposes.
Please could you confirm the figures again. If your pensions are £6549 per month, what are your total outgoings each month to make you destitute?
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.