Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practising Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

When title deeds are lost is a possessory deed the best

when title deeds are lost is a possessory deed the best title one can get by law
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi I will try and help. Are these the original pre-registration deeds? i.e. has there been no first registration yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the house was built in 1937 and bought then same family only people to live in it we believe the deeds are in a solicitors keeping but cannot be found.
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 1 year ago.
I see thinks. Then yes I am afraid possessory title the best you can get without the original (or certified copy) deed. You can of course get an insurance policy that will cover any subsequent buyer this is usually acceptable to a buyer and/or lender
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 1 year ago.
Does this help? If so please leave me positive feedback so I can be paid for my time. the question wont close and you can ask any follow up questions later down the line should you need to