12826847

Am due in court in the new year and disorderly and

Am due in court in the new year for drunk and disorderly and assaulting a police woman by spitting at her and scratching her hand while she was trying to take my trousers off. I was very drunk and said and did stupid stuff. I was in court for drink driving in November. Before this I have never committed an offence. What might they do to me?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What is the obstruction please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry what do you mean by obstruction?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Obstruction of the officer?
Do they say that the spittal actually struck her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes on the chest area apparently. I do not remember anything that happened. I was sat on a roundabout drunk and a member of the public called the police because I screamed at them then I became verbally abusive to the police officers and spat at the female officer and scratched her hand because she was trying to take off my trousers because I had wet myself. I remember nothing of the whole incident.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
Are you female?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I would imagine you would get a fine or a conditional discharge.
Drunk and disorderly only carries a fine. Assault PC carries much more serious penalties and if you were a man you probably would get a community order. The Courts are outrageously biased in favour of women though.
They might actually drop the drunk and disorderly. They won't if you plead to it but if your solicitor makes the point that it would seem to add nothing to sentence if not to be duplicitous they might take a view.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry one quick question. Conditional discharge would be what exactly?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
A discharge of the offence.
If you offend again during the discharge period it will fall to be sentenced again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you very much
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. All the best.