29905560

I work as a Coach Driver. My COE states my working day is 9hrs,

I work as a Coach Driver. My COE states my working day is 9hrs, but due to the nature of the job, I am regularly detailed to work much longer days (which I could not choose to shorten) My employer says that the recent E.A.T. rulings on holiday pay entitlement do not apply to us.
Is this correct?
Gary Barker
Hello why do they think they do not apply to you? Because you are a coach driver?​​
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They do not think it applies to the coach industry
There is no specific exclusion in relation to the holiday pay ruling in terms of different professions or industries. The ruling generally referred to the Working Time Regulations, which cover all workers and this would also include coach drivers. You would have separate rules in terms of the hours you can work and the breaks you take but your rights to holiday pay would not be affected so the employer’s argument is flawed. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you