Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have just received a claim form from the County Court Business

I have just received a claim form from the County Court Business Centre at Northampton .
The claim relates to an agreement with Black Horse Ltd on or around 30/1/1998. I have no recollection of entering into this agreement and no longer have my bank statements from this period. I am self employed on the verge of retiring and have only been self employed since 2007. Therefore it cant relate to my business activities . What should I put on the form ?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Is this the first you have heard about this potential claim? Have you ever received any correspondence about it or any letter threatening court action?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no ive since seen on the internet that if its an old debt there is a 6 year limit to be able to apply for a ccj
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's right. You should respond by saying that.
1. You have no knowledge of the debt.
2. The statute of limitation applies to statute bar this debt as it is more than 6 years old and you have at no time acknowledged the debt in the last 6 years.
I would imagine this will lead to the claim being swiftly withdrawn unless they can produce evidence of an acknowledgement.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done that
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok so what is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to know what to put on the form . I managed to find out on the internet while I was waiting for your reply
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
ok understood. Good luck with it.