12826847

Police force message

Customer Question

Hello, I have received the following message from my local police force, "An intelligence form has been completed in relation to the vehicle being at the location and being involved in poaching." I would be grateful if you could explain what this means in layman's terms. Thank you.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you a taxi driver by any chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your reply. No, I am not a taxi driver. I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Poaching usually refers to the illegal hunting of animals. It can also refer to taxi poaching which is more common in cities.I would imagine they have some form of number plate recognition which they have traced to you as the registered keeper.That doesn't necessarily prove that you were the driver but I suppose they may have a description of the person as well. It is not really possible to tell what their evidence is in this forum.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry I have confused you. I am the victim (landowner). I would like to know what the please mean by the statement. Thank you.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Poaching usually refers to the illegal hunting of animals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I am not making my self clear. Let me rephrase my question - what is a police intelligence form please and in what context is it used?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, it could be any.I will have no way of knowing what their intelligence is. If it links to an index of the vehicle then it will be either CCTV or a report from a person.The term 'intelligence form' will be a localised term or possibly one that has been completely made up by the officer essentially referring to some form of intelligence received.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

More cryptic rubbish from my local police force then. Many thanks for your help again!!

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That is pretty spot on. The police love anacronyms.